Horse racing is a sport that involves two or more horses ridden by equestrians over a set distance for competition. Horse racing betting is one way of enjoying the sport while profiting from it. People have been placing bets on horse races since the advent of the sport. In most horse races, there is a betting stations where gamblers stake money on horses. Gambling on the outcomes of horse racing cane be profitable and fun if you are aware of what you are doing and can beat the odds. How do you make profit through best horse racing betting sites? How can you boost your chances of success in horse racing betting? For the latest Horse Racing Offers please visit this page.
Here are some of the main categories of horse racing betting:
Traditional horse racing wager.
This is the simplest bet. It is also known as straight bets. These are the most popular and straightforward type of wagers. A straight win wager is placed for a horse to complete the race first. The only complex thing about them is that they slightly vary in different parts of the world. The following are ways to place straight bets:
- Win - here you pick the horse that you think will win the race
- Place - a wager is placed on the horse to complete the race in the first and second positions this is as per the US horse racing. In most countries, you place a wager on a selection to complete the race "in the places". The race type and number of participants determine the positions covered.
- Each-way betting - combines two separate bets that is the win and place bets. In the case of 8 or more runners, it is the most popular and most bookmakers offer similar each-way terms but vary depending on the category of the race and number of participants. In case your selection wins, you are paid out for the two parts of the bet. If it loses, but finishes in the places, you get a payout for the bet in place part only.
Exotic horse racing betting
These are more advanced than the traditional wagers and are difficult to get right. Exotic bets differ in different parts of the world and are comprised of:
- Exacta -here a bettor selects two horses that will finish in the top two positions and they must appear in the EXACT order.
- Quinella - similar to exacta but the horses don't have to complete in the EXACT order.
The main horse races are:
Kentucky Derby - this is an annual horse racing event that's been held since 1875 in Churchill Downs; Louisville, Kentucky, U.S. It's a one and a quarter mile race, run by twenty three year old thoroughbreds. It's also, undoubtedly, the biggest race in the world.
The Cheltenham Festival - this is an annual horse racing festival in the United Kingdom that takes place in March at Cheltenham Racecourse in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. This forum takes place in the National Hunting racing calendar in the U.K.
Royal Ascot - this is the most precious race meeting in Britain that has been taking place since its establishment by Queen Anne in 1711.
In case you intend to participate in horse racing betting, make the effort beforehand to acquaint yourself with the runners and select your horse in advance. Also remember to set a budget and stick to it.